Monday, August 6, 2012

PCC will of Thomas Gotbed of Combeinteignhead, Devon, 1605


PCC will of Thomas Gotbed of Combeinteignhead, Devon, 9 Sept. 1605

IN THE NAME OF GOD AMEN The Nineth day of September in the yeare of our Lorde god One thousand fix hundred and five I Thomas Gotebed in the parish of Combintinhed in the Countie of Devon being sick in bodye but whole of mynde and in good and pfect remembraunce, thancks be given to almightie god, make and ordaine this my ____[?] Testament conteyninge herein my last will in manner and forme followinge, That is to saie, first I give and bequeath my soule to almightie god my maker and redemer, And my bodie to the earth Item I give and bequeath to my sisters Jane Gotebed and Margaret Gotebed tenn pounds to each of them Item I give and bequeath to my brother Anthonye Gotebed All my apparrell Item I give and bequeath to the poore of the parish of Combintinhed fortie shillings Item my brother Olliver Gotebed doth owe me fiftene shillinges the which I doe forgive him Item William Collet of Penton doth owe me six poundes the wch I doe give to my two brothers Olliver Gotebed and Anthonie Gotebed Item I give and bequeath to the churches use of Combintinhed five shillings Item I give and bequeath to my godsonne John Paddon tenn shillings or A sheepe Item I give and bequeath to my goddaughter Marie Endell ten shillings or A sheepe.  All the rest of my goodes nott before given nor bequeathed I give and bequeath to my mother Catherine Gotebed, whom I doe make my whole Executrix, These being witnesses.  By me Edwarde Foxe Nicholas Weymoth the signe of John Arnall./

{There is a Latin "PROBATUM" section right below this, but I cannot read it to type it.}
                                                                ----------------------
[Typed from a photocopy on 26 December 1989 by G.J.R.]

[See my “Devon & English Genealogy” submission to Rootsweb.com’s WorldConnect project:
Greg Ramstedt, 6 August 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment