Sunday, August 26, 2012

Johan Oskar Valentine Sandholm & his wife Anna Sofia Hägg

Johan Oskar Valentine Sandholm (1857-1912) and his wife Anna Sofia Hägg (1864-1914) are my great-grandparents, the parents of my grandmother (min farmor) Anna Elisabeth Sandholm (1895-1989).  The originals were owned by my grandmother and now I have them and wish to share them with anyone interested.



I thought my grandmother told me that her father went by Oskar rather than Johan, but the documents that I've seen that mention him all call him Johan or John.  He was born on St. Valentine's Day, so hence the middle name.  He was born 14 February 1857 at Forssa, Stenkumla, Gotland, Sverige, and died from injuries when his wagon was hit by a train on 28 October 1912 at Visby, Gotland, Sverige.  Johan was a cement worker and work in a quarry near Visby.



Anna Sofia was also born on St. Valentine's Day, that is 14 February 1864 at Björkelid under Knästorp, Målilla, Kalmar, Sverige, and died in the arms of her daughter Anna Elisabeth on 17 March 1914 at Söder 63b, Visby, Gotland, Sverige.  They married on 11 October 1890 at Västerhejde, Gotland.  The family lived at Söder #63b, just outside the walls of Visby on the island of Gotland.

For the family tree, see my submission to Rootsweb's WorldConnect pedigrees:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=ramstedtgreg&id=I36

The names on the front and reverse of these pictures are my handwriting as my grandmother told me who the individuals were.  I now know that it is not a good thing to write on the front of pictures, so I'm sorry to have done so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment