Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thomas Price Adams

Ancestry.com last week updated some of the early London church records database. I was excited to find the birth of Thomas Price Adams on 2 April 1780 and his christening on 27 April 1780 at Holy Trinity Minories, Stepney, Middlesex, England. He was the son of George Adams and Sarah Price.

Some descendants of Thomas Price Adams have given his birth as 1779 at Hayden Square, Minories, and his christening as January 1780 at Haydin Place, Aldgate, London. I would be interested in learning the source for this information. [One always has to be sure that there are not two men by the same name from the same place. Stranger things have happened.]

Also, he seems to have had a previously unknown sister Sarah Adams who was born 16 August 1778 and christened on 22 January 1779 at the same place to the same parents.

Other children in the family include:
Emma Emily Adams (born 1781 and died 26 December 1848 near Westburn place, London and buried 1 January 1849 at St. Saviour Southwark, Middlesex.) She is mentioned in the Francis Daniell (1773-1858) diary, as is Tom Adams above.

The Daniell diary also mentions a Susan Adams who died on 10 August 1849, but I don't know just how she fits in, or even if she fits in. I've never been able to find her in any records, but upon checking my notes it seems that I previously had her as Sarah Adams. I guess I should check for a Sarah Adams dying about that date.

Elizabeth Adams (born 1788/1789 at Hollingbourne, Kent; died 12 March 1869) is another child in this family. She married the Rev. George Taylor (of Ashen, Essex; lecturer) on 1 January 1818 at St. Botolph Aldgate, London. He is the officiating minister at two of the Adams events: the 1831 burial of George Adams at St. Saviour Southwark, and at the 1849 burial of Emma Emily Adams also at St. Saviour Southwark. I have found three children for George and Elizabeth, but I am not yet ready to update my database on Rootsweb. There very well may be living descendants today.

Greg Ramstedt 17 October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment